Friday, March 1, 2013

Art Journaling: First attempt!

I love the look of art journalling but I have a real problem with random and abstract! 
But I'm sure, like with most things, patience and perseverence will win the day!
So here it is.. my first attempt!   Using lots of lovely Tim Holtz goodies I am now well and truley covered in ink and glimmer mist!



The paper is Tim Holtz Travel collection. Inked with adirondack inks and sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist.   Tim Holtz stamps, and Stampin Up white craft ink.  New Alterations "Wanted" alphabet die - you can never have toooooo many alphabets!!
I used my trusty Heidi Swapp edge distresser (what a brilliant little tool that is!) to rough up the edges.. now I just need to make a mini book and make this the cover!

This has been great fun to do.. interesting that you can really do no wrong.. you just keep going until you are happy, remembering that sometimes less is more!! and not getting too hung up about random!  There are loads of new techniques to be learned with art journalling.. loads that would give new life to your existing craft stash!  
So.. watch this space as I experiment some more soon!

No comments:

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008