Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Birthday Beagle

The challenge ...  to make a male card and it has to be anything BUT square!  I found this challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz.  I had to try it as I'm very much in the habit (when I am crafting!) is to make all my cards square, and to avoid anything other than female birthdays or general good wishes.  So I thought I would give this a try with Birthday Beagle from Whipper Snapper.  Coloured with Lyra Aquacolor crayons.  And using a teepee card as a base.



The teepee is made from three 10cm x 10cm squares of cardstock (Stampin' Up! Island Indigo).  The balloons are on thin strips of acetate so they can move. I used a Signo Uniball white gel pen just to highlight his nose and the shine on the balloons.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Nice use of a teepee for this one. Good to see you blogging again!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cazro said...

Wow, well done for stepping out of your comforft zone, in more than one way. A brilliant result, loving the teepee card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz Caz DT.

Helen said...

A great fun and colourful card and you certainly met our challenge with the shape!

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008